Wednesday, November 3, 2010

National Novel Writing Month

Hi everyone!

So this month is 'National Novel Writing month.' The goal of the month is to write a Novel of 50,000 words (which is about 1,667 words per day). It is also stipulated that you shouldn't spend too much time concerning yourself over what you're going to write - the idea is just to go, write whatever is on your mind and see how it rolls.

So, I've taken the opportunity to jump on this. I'm trying to write a Children's Fantasy novel. I have about 5000 words so far (hey, I've only been going three days, I don't think it's that bad), and I'm posting the chapters on my deviantart here.

My National Novel Writing Page is here.

I'm assuming there's no prize or anything for doing this. I just want to know if I can do this. It would be really good for me to actually put my writing forward as something instead of just erasing all the stories I write.

That said, there probably won't be many blog posts while I'm working on this, this month. I really want to complete this project!

So, if you're bored, come by and read my stuff. I'd really like that.

Christine

5 comments:

  1. I suppose to participate in NaNoWriMo, I should actually start writing my novel. The sad fact is, my new job requires me to type boring legal documents all day, draining my desire to write in the evening.

    I'm pretty much going to spend all my free weekend time on it, instead. Might not finish on NaNoWriMo's schedule, but once the ball gets rolling, I should be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should do it. With a deadline, I'm finding it easier to write. It's a lot of fun.

    If you sign up with NaNoWriMo, add me as a writing friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Good luck to you, look forward to checking out your chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete